Trusted Experience and a Customized Approach to Wealth & Succession Planning
Our perspective is broader than just estate planning; we also look at both the business side and the personal side of each issue to develop comprehensive strategies that give you peace of mind and answer your most pressing questions, such as:
- Who should own and manage a business or assets after your death?
- What role should your children play in managing your business and other assets, as compared to outsiders?
- How much discretion do you want to give your successor decision makers to make changes?
- How should you manage family wealth for future generations?
Tailored Services to Meet Your Needs
We know that one size does not fit all, so we customize our services to fit your specific needs. Our core services include planning, administration, audits and disputes.
Effective planning can help you achieve goals and grow assets while reducing tax liability and other costs for future generations. We provide business owners, corporate executives, high-net-worth individuals and their families with comprehensive estate planning services, including:
- Identifying and implementing tax-effective means of transferring wealth to beneficiaries, whether during life or at death, including advising on estate, gift, generation-skipping transfer, and fiduciary income considerations.
- Managing family and other closely-held business entities, including succession planning.
- Structuring charitable planning initiatives, including charitable lead trusts, charitable remainder trusts, private foundations, donor-advised funds, and gifts to public charities.
- Art and luxury asset planning, from acquisition to tax-efficient transfers and sales.
- Incapacity planning, including revocable trusts and financial and health care powers.
Administration and Management Services
Our work does not necessarily stop after a client’s death. Our services in administration and management include:
- Assisting with probate.
- Counseling on post-mortem planning, such as qualified disclaimers.
- Administering estates and trusts, including document preparation and interpretation, fiduciary investment issues and matters arising under the Uniform Trust Code.
- Identifying funds to satisfy estate tax liabilities and to facilitate ongoing business operations during the period of administration of an owner’s estate.
- Assisting in the preparation of estate, gift and fiduciary income tax returns.
- Administering private foundations.
Audits and Dispute Services
When faced with an audit, you need an experienced advisor who can help you navigate and resolve tax controversies. When litigation is inevitable, we represent corporate and individual fiduciaries, charitable foundations and estates and trusts in both administrative and court proceedings. Our dispute resolution experience includes resolving controversies with the IRS and other taxing authorities, as well as addressing disputes among beneficiaries or between beneficiaries and fiduciaries .